Traveling from Malaysia to Hat Yai, Thailand by train is a popular option in 2023
Here’s a general overview of the journey :
- Departure from Malaysia : The journey typically begins from Kuala Lumpur, the capital city of Malaysia. From Kuala Lumpur, you would take a train operated by Keretapi Tanah Melayu (KTM) to reach the border town of Padang Besar. The journey typically takes around 5 – 6 hours. suggest you take the train from kl sentral station.
Kl Sentral to Padang Besar Train Timetable ( Update 2023)
- Border Crossing : At Padang Besar, you will go through immigration and customs procedures to exit Malaysia and enter Thailand. Make sure to have your passport and necessary travel documents ready.
- Train to Hat Yai : Once you have crossed the border, you can continue your journey to Hat Yai, Thailand. There are several trains that operate between Padang Besar and Hat Yai. Trains in Thailand are operated by the State Railway of Thailand (SRT).
SRT Train timetable from Padang Besar to Hatyai ( update.2023 )
|DEPARTURE : Padang Besar||ARRIVAL : Hatyai|
- Arrival in Hat Yai : The train journey from Padang Besar to Hat Yai takes around 1 hours, depending on the train and schedule. Hat Yai is a vibrant city located in southern Thailand.
Hatyai Travel Guide
Hat Yai, located in southern Thailand, offers a range of attractions and activities for travelers. Here are some popular places to visit and things to do in Hat Yai:
- Kim Yong Market: This bustling market is a must-visit for shopping enthusiasts. It offers a wide array of goods, including clothes, accessories, electronics, fresh produce, and local delicacies.
- Hat Yai Municipal Park: Also known as “Hat Yai Park,” it is a beautiful green space with a large golden Buddha statue on top of a hill. The park offers panoramic views of the city and is a great spot for a leisurely stroll or picnic.
- Wat Hat Yai Nai: This temple is famous for its massive reclining Buddha statue, which measures 35 meters long and is one of the largest in Southeast Asia. Visitors can explore the temple grounds and enjoy the serene atmosphere.
- Ton Nga Chang Waterfall: Located about 40 kilometers from Hat Yai, this picturesque waterfall is a popular spot for nature lovers. It features multiple tiers and a natural pool where you can swim and relax.
- Hat Yai Cable Car: Enjoy a scenic ride on the cable car that takes you up to the peak of Khao Kho Hong, offering panoramic views of Hat Yai and the surrounding area.
- Floating Market Hat Yai: Experience the lively atmosphere of a traditional Thai floating market. Sample local snacks, shop for souvenirs, and take a boat ride along the canal.
These are just a few of the many attractions Hat Yai has to offer. The city is also known for its vibrant nightlife, street food, and shopping malls, providing ample opportunities for entertainment and relaxation.
Plan you trip and book train ticket from Malaysia to Hatyai,Thailand on ktmtickets.com